We’re often so focused on earning that we forget that time is the most important resource we have. ⏱️
That’s why time management is so essential to living a productive and happy life. 💜
Procrastination is the enemy of time management, it is a thief of your time, energy, and happiness, and is to be avoided at all costs.
Especially when you are evolving into the next level of your life, procrastination can be common.
Procrastination can be based in a fear of change, of leaving your comfort zone. Fear can be powerful. But it doesn’t have to be in control. 👏
You owe it to yourself to not let procrastination rule your life.
There will be times when you don’t feel like taking the kind of action you need to take in order to achieve your dreams, and it’s ok to not feel like it, but it’s crucial that you TAKE THE ACTION ANYWAY, regardless of how you feel about it. 🦋
Do the best you can with the time you have and keep that forward momentum going. It’s important to prioritize the steps that will take you closer to your dreams and schedule time to do them every day. 📆
Don’t NOT do something just because you’re afraid of not turning in A+ work. At the same time, you don’t want to be turning in failing grades, but be ok with B- work. Completing and showing up is better than NOTHING, right?🆗
Perfectionists have the worst time with this because we don’t want to put out imperfect work, out of fear of being judged. But, maybe B(-) work is OK, especially if it keeps you moving forward! DON’T let perfect be the enemy of good enough.
Try reverse procrastination: do the first 80% of whatever project you’re working on as fast as possible and allow the feeling of accomplishment to carry you through the refinement process for the remaining 20%. Reach the finish line!💙
And then if whatever you’ve been putting off takes less than five minutes, just do it NOW! 🙌
© 2022 – Thought Work, MD – All Rights Reserved